2. LaserHydra

LaserHydra Plugin Developer

Zleeepy likes this.
  3. Ezki

Ezki Plugin Developer

streamline <3 the best server provider

4. TnTGaming

TnTGaming Wood Hoarder

What is the diffrent between a dedicated server and a regular server on gameservers.com

5. Zleeepy

Zleeepy Shack Builder

With a dedicated server, your server environment is on a single physical machine with no one else. So you get all the physical resources (hard disk, memory, CPU) to yourself.

By regular, do you mean local? This will use your own hard disk, memory and CPU.
    Your internet will be used to "connect" everyone, so make sure to have a damn good router aswell.

6. TnTGaming

TnTGaming Wood Hoarder

Well im using Gameservers.com but not there dedicated server option its just like 18 cents a slot.

7. Zleeepy

Zleeepy Shack Builder

Oh, sorry I missed the gameserver part. The regular one is just a server for you, while with dedicated you are like a host yourself.

8. Pastori

Pastori Plugin Developer

A dedicated server.

9. Evoc

Evoc Naked Wanderer

10. Bootloop

Bootloop Wood Hoarder

Just looking for a new host, been with Gameservers.com for 1 month and I'm already pi$$ed at their support. 5 days with no response apart form them asking me to do a tracert when the issue is affecting all users.

Also this has message been up since the update but I don't have that issue, I'm also not on dedicated. Rust sucks on Gameservers right now.

upload_2016-7-11_18-41-38.png

I'm looking at a Vanilla game with /PM /TP and DEATHNOTES... maybe custom loot but nothing to really interfere with game play.

Jetzt günstig PrePaid Server mieten - DeinServerHost look pretty good, and with extra memory and DDOS that's not a bad price. Only German location though was hoping for UK
    upload_2016-7-11_18-46-24.png £14

Streamline Servers also look pretty good but no mention of Oxide or Rust:IO

upload_2016-7-11_18-51-16.png £15

Anybody offer up any other recommendations?

11. Diseasedcrow

Diseasedcrow Wood Hoarder

Can confirm Streamline are awesome oxide is supported and easy to install

12. Bootloop

Bootloop Wood Hoarder

Thanks. I actually went with Game Server Hosting | Survival Servers in the end. Very happy so far, very quick install, restart and full server access to manually install Rust:IO etc...

GameServer.com can go jump, had a message last night from them. bear in mind the server has already been offline for 8 HOURS!

upload_2016-7-12_9-33-21.png

Server is still offline now. 13 HOURS later...

upload_2016-7-12_9-43-29.png

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  13. MrDBuffaloGaming

MrDBuffaloGaming Naked Wanderer

Game servers can get ddosed under 100mbs of packet will take it down for 5 mins so think about a 5gb attack

14. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

15. Bootloop

Bootloop Wood Hoarder

16. jackherroor

jackherroor Wood Hoarder

hm i have 2 gamer servers form DeinServerHost before was good price and good support but than start ddos. and it go nothing. bad ddos protection on serverhost.de. than was a fail in the servercenter and he need 24 hour to send a technik man to servercenter^^now i have a root from hetzner germany is very good and low price too.24hours support in servercenter. but now have big problems since 1,5 weeks whit ddos.many players leave.now i think i change to OVH. Or can any say me wich provider have best ddos protection?
    i have a group whit 1500+ players and want give them good server.
    sorry for bad english hope understand.

17. Bootloop

Bootloop Wood Hoarder

I went with DeinServerHost in the end, I've contacted the support twice and had a good response time form them. It said it had DDOS protection when I signed up and boosted the server to 6GB Memory for a very good price. I guess each experience can be different, but out of all those I looked at being in the UK I was reluctant to get a DE host, but glad I did as it's been fine.

LaserHydra likes this.
  18. SubtleSara

SubtleSara Shack Builder

Do YOU wanna get effed in the A by a server host? CHOOSE GAMESERVERS.COM! The BEST server rapist imaginable! They take your money, give you the least amount of RAM usage possible, make you upgrade to a 200 person server to allow 20 to play, THEN they DENY you a REFUND when you're unhappy with their SH*T customer service that takes up to TWO DAYS to get a response from! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WIN! NEVER go with Gameservers, LITERALLY choose ANYONE ELSE.

19. Pastori

Pastori Plugin Developer

About the RAM - true. I can confirm that. I moved to dedicated servers, because GameServers offered RAM wasn't enough to host latest patch with 3500 map.

20. SubtleSara

SubtleSara Shack Builder

NOR a 4000 map, which is what I had.