Best dedicated servers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JakeT24, Dec 16, 2016.

1. JakeT24

JakeT24 Naked Wanderer

Hello! I am starting a server hosting company and I was going to rent some dedicated servers and then setup game servers on those to rent them(typical way of doing it). Any suggestions on the best dedicated servers to run on? I am willing to spend about $50-$150 for one server. I will not use shared resource servers. Thank you!

2. DraB

DraB Shack Builder Plugin Developer

@JakeT24 Best in my opinion is Game Server Rentals and Hosting :: Home :: NFOservers they have the best DDoS protection by far and support. They will literally respond to any email within minutes.
    Second option is Cloud computing and dedicated servers - OVH they are pretty popular with good DDoS protection. I don't know how well there support is. They also have a brother company called The dedicated server for all your projects - So you Start which uses the same network but is cheaper. ;D

Anyways that's my view.... NFO is more expensive but if you can do it I had a great year with them.

3. JakeT24

JakeT24 Naked Wanderer

Thank you! OVH does fit my requirements... I think I can pull off a small business with them. Thank you!

4. DraB

DraB Shack Builder Plugin Developer

5. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

Amazon Web Services

HEXIAOCHUAN likes this.
  6. RedZephyr

RedZephyr Wood Hoarder

Aws is good for web servers , nothing else in my opinion.

7. QQQQ 2

QQQQ 2 Naked Wanderer

we use online.net and works very well... 64RAM for 54€ month its so nice.

8. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

then you dont know too much, a dedicated on amazon is the best

9. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

I would not say its the best streetdog it might be good but there are many out there that are just as good and many are better

10. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

Google is Hosting many of their services on Amazon now... I think google is not fool :)

11. Resistance

Think you mean no fool
    As I said they might be good but not the best

12. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

For me are the Best, and is my opinion
    and I will not arguee/discuss about an opinion,
    regards!

HEXIAOCHUAN likes this.
  13. Resistance

I have used them before and many others and I can say there are better ones out there yes they are not bad but there is better but of course you get what you pay for

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Let's all take a step back and take a breather. Please keep on topic and try to refrain from verbal abuse and such. Everyone will have their own opinion, so let's not sling mud over personal choices and views on services, etc. I've removed the off topic and inappropriate posts from view.

StreetDog likes this.
  15. CaptainNebulous

CaptainNebulous Wood Hoarder

Host Havoc is by far the best host I've tried.... but not sure how their performance is for admins outside of the US