1. It hit me yesterday that I could probably write a batch script that would pull updated plugins straight from oxidemod.org
    I've never done this before, so if my method of thinking on this is flawed please shoot me down.

How possible would it be to create a plugin that housed the direct download URL's for plugins that are most popular?
    With this, the plugin could scan the server for installed plugins within its database and then periodically check for outdated versions. I know something like this is out there, but it doesn't do anything but tell you something needs updating. What if it generated a batch file that when ran would pull from the direct download URL's and overwrite the outdated files without having to ever actually go to oxidemod.org?

Just a thought.

In short: Plugin that generates an auto-updater batch file that can be manually or automatically executed when outdated plugins are present.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugins wouldn't be able to generate a .bat file, but they could write to a .json file in JSON format.

3. In addition to that, you may do un-wanted updates, take BetterChat as an example. That'd have a lot of unwanted consequences. You could always try this in addition to Updater.