AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,941 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Loaded latest version of plugin, not Oxide, after that all ok.
    Code:
    > oxide.version
    [Oxide] 08:08 [Info] Oxide 2.0.2165 for Rust 946.76 (1475)

2. hi for some reason my server plays messages like this is an example message is there anything wrong with my json the ******** isnt actually in the json its just i dont want 2 advertise for donations on here

{
    "Interval": 250,
    "Messages": [
    "Message1": "******** or hit ESC and click view webpage for danations as i pay for the server out of my own pocket just leave your steam name so i can give you a donators pack ingame",
    "Message2": "RULES: purge so 3 hour days to gather NO KILLING (unless its animals) 1 hour nights for raids and all the killing you want to do",
    "Message3": "PVE days 07:00-19:00 PVP nights"19:00-07:00",
    "message4": "we have kits type /kit for more info"
    ]
    }

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have an unescaped " inside one of your messages. Also keep in mind that this is for Rust, not Rust Legacy.

4. sorry im not sure what you mean by unescaped how do i fix this thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1470879887][/DOUBLEPOST]
    think i may have fixed it was it just before the 19:00

5. still not working not sure if im doing somrthing wrong as it was working finr before wipe

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload your current config please?

7. all i have access to is the json as im on multiplay i will ask them for it

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The json is the config.

9. {
    "Message1": "Aaron Coker Geld mit PayPal.Me senden or hit ESC and click view webpage for danations as i pay for the server out of my own pocket just leave your steam name so i can give you a donators pack ingame",
    "Message2": "RULES: purge so 3 hour days to gather NO KILLING (unless its animals) 1 hour nights for raids and all the killing you want to do",
    "Message3": "PVE days 07:00-19:00 PVP nights 19:00-07:00",
    "message4": "we have kits type /kit for more info"
    ]
    }

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The messages shouldn't have keys, just values like shown on the Overview. So you'd need to remove the "Message1": and such.

11. so like this sorry to be a pain

{
    : "Aaron Coker Geld mit PayPal.Me senden or hit ESC and click view webpage for danations as i pay for the server out of my own pocket just leave your steam name so i can give you a donators pack ingame",
    : "RULES: purge so 3 hour days to gather NO KILLING (unless its animals) 1 hour nights for raids and all the killing you want to do",
    : "PVE days 07:00-19:00 PVP nights 19:00-07:00",
    : "we have kits type /kit for more info"
    ]
    }

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Code:
    {
            "Aaron Coker Geld mit PayPal.Me senden or hit ESC and click view webpage for danations as i pay for the server out of my own pocket just leave your steam name so i can give you a donators pack ingame",
            "RULES: purge so 3 hour days to gather NO KILLING (unless its animals) 1 hour nights for raids and all the killing you want to do",
            "PVE days 07:00-19:00 PVP nights 19:00-07:00",
            "We have kits type /kit for more info"
        ]
    }

13. it works now thanks youre great

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem.

15. Hey guys, My server has been crashing randomly on different days, completely freezing up and causing people to have to leave, and not being able to rejoin for like 2o minutes..I run a dedicated a server with NFO. Very new to all this, but I was told to check logs to figure the issue, and this is what I am finding at around the time of the crash - 2016-09-19_0124 - deemster's library

All of my autobroadcast messages are being spammed hardcore at around the time of the crash, and if you see, they are all within the same milisecond..not even a second passes. This has to be whats causing the crash, any idea what could be going on here?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2016
  16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only way I can see that happening is if the plugin can't read your configured interval for some reason.

17. How would I go about uninstalling Auto broadcaster? We use survival server for our host, the issue were having is we installed it Then changed the default template to what we wanted to say But it is still broadcasting the default template. We have saved the file many times restarted the server, updated the server, And even Deleted the Auto broadcaster file itself and it still is broadcasting the original template... help :)

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Delete the plugin from the plugins folder.

19. IM confused.. Ive downloaded this... But it only comes with a Lua file? It even specifically says within the LUA file to not edit things with this file... But to edit through the json file, which, there is none? This download only comes with a Lua file... No CS, or Json, thus, I have no idea how to configure this? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

20. After first load on server it automatically create default config file. So as any other plugin.