AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,943 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Can someone please tell me how to make your custom messages work? I tried editing the json file in the config and language and I validated it onwww.jsonlint.com but I keep getting the "This is an example, change it, ...."

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you reload the plugin after? Do you have your language set to the language you customized?

3. What do you mean reload the plugin? I restarted the server. Language is in English

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Restarting would do the same as reloading the plugin, but you can use the 'oxide.reload AutoBroadcast' console or chat command as admin to reload a plugin's config or lang files. Could you show me the modified file please?

5. Here you go

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

To start with, delete your config file and let it be re-created as you have old settings and messages that should not exist in it.

7. I dont know what happened but now its working. Thanks anyways

8. Can I use colors with it?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, you can.

10. On some plugins It's different like <#HEX> </end>

How does it work on yours?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  11. I figured out how to add colors, but I get an error:

Code:
    {
      "Kits": "<color=red>[Kits]</color> Get Some Kits: /kit",
      "Vote": "<color=red>[Kits]</color> Cast Your Vote Here: rust-servers.net/server/127035/vote/",
      "PrivateMessage": "<color=red>[PrivateMessageSend]</color> Talk Privately To Someone: /pm",
      "AutoDoor": "<color=red>[AutoDoor]</color> Close Doors Manually? No More!: /ad",
      "BuildingGrades": "<color=red>[BuildingGradesUpgrade]</color> /Downgrade Your Base Easily! /up or /down",
      "FriendlyFire": "<color=red>[FriendlyFire]</color> Enable/Disable Friend Fire: /ff",
      "Friends": "<color=red>[Friends]</color> Add/Remove A Friend: /friend/",
      "Trade": "<color=red>[Trade]</color> Safely Trade With Someone: /trade",
      "Skins": "<color=red>[Skins]</color> Check Out Some Skins: /skin",
      "Rust:IO" "<color=red>[Rust:IO]</color> See Yourself Live!: playrust.io (Search For Server Name)"}
    I don't understand what's wrong, too much codes I can't see what's wrong :)

Damn it, forgot : after RUST:IO. fixed it sorry!

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Any plugins that use </end> and such are using custom formatting which most plugins do not use. The </color> end is standard for Unity 5 games such as Rust. You can also use the universal formatting that Oxide provides such as [#colornameorcode]text here[/#].

13. Thank you :)

14. how any size?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Changing the text size? Just add either [+5] (or any number) and end it with [/+]. You can add those to the messages under oxide/lang.

Example:
    Code:
    [+16]This text will be size 16[/+]

16. thanks
    def size ? 16

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That varies based on the game.

18. hey @Wulf Im really split right now, Ive made some broadcasts, but when I added the third line of my file is suddenly just started to post the first and the last message. is there something in the file that Im not seeing? before I added the third line all of the broadcast showed

Attached Files:

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have 3 out of 4 of the messages with the same key (keys need to be unique.)

20. It shows the first 2 messages, but it crash at the 3 text and shows nothing.

Code:
    {
        "Message1": "We're testing",
        "Message2": "Just for test",
        "Message3": "Another test",
        "Message4": "Testing the test"
    }

Code:
    Failed to run a 30.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.)
    | at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AutoBroadcast.<Broadcast>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0