AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,943 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have two named the same. Rename the keys to be unique and then reload the plugin.

2. it still shows 2 messages

{
    "ExampleMessage": "type /town to teleport to the shop",
    "AnotherExample": "type /info for all commands",
    "Example": "<color=#2ab1ff>visit our new homepage rustyborders.eu</color>"
    }

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you reload the plugin afterward?

4. yes i did i have no clue what i did wrong

5. Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.)

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your oxide/logs for the full error and please provide your oxide/lang files for it.

7. fixed it just unloaded and reloaded program

8. @Wulf When loading plugin, i get the following error:

(19:21:47) | Unloaded plugin AutoBroadcast v1.0.8 by Wulf/lukespragg

(19:21:47) | Loaded plugin AutoBroadcast v1.0.8 by Wulf/lukespragg

(19:21:47) | Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'AnotherExample', line 5, position 2.)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your oxide/lang file was not edited correctly or is corrupt. Then editing it, make sure that it is valid JSON.

10. why does the plugin show changes only on a server restart? to reload the pluggin do not work...

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That sounds like an issue with your server setup or changes then, because all config files in Oxide will be reloaded when you reload the plugin.

12. So im very new to this but think im picking it up quite quick, Ive suddenly ran into some issues,
    Firstly im not seeing alot of into in the f1 console, before if I removed a plugin it would come up in console, or adding a plugin has the same case.
    Ive been trying to set up Autobroadcast managed to edit the two lines that were given as examples but once I moved on from there nothing ever shows up.
    In RCON I can see this message
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path '1', line 4, position 2.)

I have tried to fiddle with it, taking out characters but no luck.
    I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin, no luck
    The lang file has moved and does not show up at all, but I think it can be edited from config?

Heres the file before reinstalling

{
    "Welcome": "Welcome to RustDecay",
    "1": "Rules; No hacks, No zerg, No racism, Clan max size 5 (raiding), Respect Admin and Mods"
    "2": "Please Vote for us at rust servers.net/server/117987/"
    "3": "Cant remember a command? Try /help"
    "5": "Want to fight the Heli? just ask."
    "7": "Raided bases will be removed"
    "8": "Do NOT kill fresh spawns or sleeping nakids, you will be punished"

}

The config file looks totally different but this one has gone since reinstalling it.
    Ive been trying to use the oxide.reload in f1 but doesnt seem to do anything.

Im trying new plugings everyday and think someone may be conflicting, last plugin since I noticed this was Rust.io live maps.

13. {
    "Welcome": "Welcome to RustDecay",
    "1": "Rules; No hacks, No zerg, No racism, Clan max size 5 (raiding), Respect Admin and Mods",
    "2": "Please Vote for us at rust servers.net/server/117987/",
    "3": "Cant remember a command? Try /help",
    "5": "Want to fight the Heli? just ask.",
    "7": "Raided bases will be removed",
    "8": "Do NOT kill fresh spawns or sleeping nakids, you will be punished"

}
    , (comma)--> after avery line, except the last one (8th line) ... try it!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  14. I have re-uploaded the plugin but now I cant see it in/lang/en.
    Thanks for the reply Freaky

15. It fixed it Freaky thanks!

16. Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I have been messing with this for an hour.

{
    "VIP": "VIP kits are available at dualgamers.net!",
    "Steam": "Join our Steam group and get an exclusive daily kit! Search Dual-Gamers!",
    "Web": "Searching for a more creative style server? Visit our Rust City x10,000 or x5,000 server! Just search Rust City!",
    "VIP2": "Looking to purchase a VIP kit? Visit dualgamers.net or add an admin for more info.",
    "Other": "Your donation will support the server and keep it running longer! Donate @ dualgamers.net",
    "vote": "Don't forget to vote for this server on toprustservers.com & rust-servers.net! Just search Rust City!"
    }

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Details please... any errors, what steps you took, etc.

18. I installed the latest version of the plugin, added the code to oxide/lang/en/autobroadcast.json, reloaded plugin and waited but it still shows default messages.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like it wasn't edited successfully then. Your JSON appears valid, so not sure what the issue would be otherwise. Try with just the first two lines (no trailing comma on last line) and see how it does after reloading.

20. Hey Wulf, since the update on 23rd autobroadcast is not working for me :( i ahve taken the plugin out and back in and still noting.. can you confirm this is still working.. or is it me somewhere i have ball's up! haha cheers :D