AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,943 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Screenshot and full file please? Did you reload the plugin after?

2. i took it out but same issue
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487451140][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i did reload plugin after and what do u need a screenshot of?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Took what out? I was quoting a different user.

4. and my config file just reads

{
    "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 180,
    "Randomize Messages (true/false)": false
    }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487451275][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i was replying to mikechinikaylo
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487452034][/DOUBLEPOST]

{
    "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 180,
    }

Attached Files:

5. Code:
    (16:02:03) | Unloaded plugin AutoBroadcast v1.0.7 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (16:02:03) | Loaded plugin AutoBroadcast v1.0.7 by Wulf/lukespragg
    (16:06:03) | Failed to run a 240.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.7' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    Code:
    Protocol: 1964
    Build Version: 1164.02
    Build Date: Friday, February 17, 2017 12:34:32 AM
    Unity Version: 5.4.2f2
    Changeset: 19121
    Branch: /main
    Oxide Version: 3071.0.0
    My lang files were working on v1.0.5 until this week's rust update (2/16). I tried updating to v1.0.7 and it still doesn't seem to work.

6. Same here, They sometimes work but they usually just give errors on how it can call a 500.0 timer

7. I went into the En folder in the Json file and edited it with what I wanted said such as and didn't work, did i do something wrong? I even tried removing the example message: etc and nothing

Code:
    {
      "ExampleMessage": "Join us @ VGAMERS.NET",
      "AnotherExample": "Join us on Teamspeak 66.150.214.9:7300",
                        "Type /rule for server rules"
    }

8. same problem here, plugin starts ok, but no messages, no errors in logs, is it possible that is there some other plugins that couse this problem ? for example i use NoGreen plugin.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your second message is creating invalid JSON; there should not be a comma create two separate entries for it.

There are no conflicts for this, it's isn't modifying the chat. There would be some indication of why it isn't working though, so if you could upload your logs for review that'd be great.

10. ok, i have restarted server (not only reload plugin) and it is working, but it shows only last message.

Code:
    {
      "<color=red>RUSTland Info</color>": "To jest testowa wiadomosc nr 1!",
      "<color=red>RUSTland Info</color>": "To jest testowa wiadomosc nr 2!",
      "<color=red>RUSTland Info</color>": "To jest testowa wiadomosc nr 3!"
    }

Code:
    {
      "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 650,
      "Randomize Messages (true/false)": true
    }
    btw. is it normal that i dont see this messages in console/logs ? player reports that he see it (only message #3)

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those are not valid language keys, and shouldn't be encased with color for the key (key is never show, only message).

If you want the prefix:
    Code:
    {
      "Message1": "<color=red>RUSTland Info:</color> To jest testowa wiadomosc nr 1!",
      "Message1": "<color=red>RUSTland Info:</color> To jest testowa wiadomosc nr 2!",
      "Message3": "<color=red>RUSTland Info:</color> To jest testowa wiadomosc nr 3!"
    }

12. ok, i will try, thank you :)

13. Hi, AutoBroadcast stopped working on my server and I'm not sure why. This is my config:

{
    "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 3600,
    }

and this is my lang file:
    Code:
    {
      "Welcome!": "Welcome! This server is fairly new. If you encounter any issues, uncover an exploit, or want to make a suggestion, please let Stinky Feces or Seepage Putty know! You can do this through the server's chat or our Steam Group: [URL='http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MantisDen']Steam Community :: Group :: Mantis Den [RUST|NA][/URL]",
      "/help": "Type /help for a list of server commands",
      "Map vote": "Map voting for next month's wipe is live! Visit the 'Discussion' tab in the server's Steam group ([URL='http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MantisDen']Steam Community :: Group :: Mantis Den [RUST|NA][/URL]) to cast your vote.",
      "Feedback": "We would love to have feedback about the server so far. Please visit the 'Discussion' tab in the server's Steam group ([URL='http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MantisDen']Steam Community :: Group :: Mantis Den [RUST|NA][/URL]) and comment on the February feedback thread so we know how to improve the server next month, thanks!",
      "Voting": "Type /vote or visit the server's Steam group ([URL='http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MantisDen']Steam Community :: Group :: Mantis Den [RUST|NA][/URL]) to see the voting URL. Each vote rewards 1 supply signal and you may vote once per day.",
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Remove the comma at the end of the last line and reload the plugin.

15. Sorry, i'm bad and new with code so does that mean it should look like this.

Code:
    {
      "ExampleMessage": "Join us @ VGAMERS.NET",
      "AnotherExample": "Join us on Teamspeak 66.150.214.9:7300"
                        "Type /rule for server rules"
    }

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Code:
    {
      "Website": "Join us @ VGAMERS.NET",
      "TeamSpeak": "Join us on Teamspeak 66.150.214.9:7300",
      "Rules": "Type /rule for server rules"
    }

17. Thank you, that fixed it

18. I always have an issue with this plugin not working after a few hours and forcing me to reload it. I'd hate to result in my server to make a command to reload it every X hours but can there be a fix to this?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487940600][/DOUBLEPOST]
    if you want color just to "Join our teamspeak here <color=HEXCOLOR>ts3.teamspeakserver.com</color>"

19. Hey @Wulf No extra commas here

Code:
    {
      "Points": "Want more points? Use /vote /refer and join Deathmatches!"
    }
    Code:
    {
      "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 600,
    }
    However

Code:
    (14:32:46) | Failed to run a 600.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.7' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

20. is this plugin broken after the last update?