AntiNoobRaid

Blocks raiding of new players

Total Downloads: 1,517 - First Release: Dec 4, 2017 - Last Update: Jun 23, 2018

5/5, 8 likes
  1. Q. When is a noob not a noob? A. When they have 1000+ hours in Rust.

Just because someone is new to our servers doesn't mean they can't cause a lot of grief in a very short time. Plus players could use an alt account (I have 3 Steam accounts with 3 purchased copies of Rust) or even Steam family sharing, and abuse their position of being a noob to go raiding while being protected from being raided themselves. I once watched (on and off while I was doing other things - and I wish I'd recorded it) a solo player join one of our servers, kill some other players, use their loot to craft explosives, do some small raids for more resources, and move onto bigger bases. After about 6 hours he'd offline raided most of the southern coast of the island - all without a base of his own. It was impressive but worrying. When he left the server he didn't come back I'm glad to say. He was a noob to the server, but no way was he a noob to Rust.

What I'm saying is we can't just protect new players to the servers - that's unfair to loyal long time players. UNLESS the new players can't raid anyone else maybe? So they can't be raided and neither can they raid others? That might work well.

We don't want to wipe PTT data as it's too useful. But I think all you need to do to make this work (if you want to, of course) is either create players in \oxide\data\AntiNoobRaid.json with 0 seconds when they first join and start counting like PTT does or possibly add a date/time stamp they're allowed to be raided, OR, just set up a time the server was wiped and prevent raiding in the same way (for everyone) until the elapsed time is reached. Either one of those would work.

Maybe a new (simpler) plugin to do just that? That would be good.

When we first installed your plugin we actually thought it stopped ALL players raiding and told the player base that, but then we started getting reports of people being raided and not being able to raid them back. :)

I hope this all makes sense. Thanks.

2. PMd you to keep the thread clean

3. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

4. I dont understand, player need play on server 36 hours? Or offline counted too? Because if player play 35 hours and never connect again then his house will be impossible to destroy?

5. Yes, by default it is 36 hours but that is way too much it should be ~12 hours, offline is not counted, the base will still decay even if it's unraidable...

6. Then the base never can be destroyed?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513126056][/DOUBLEPOST]its veeery baad for me(

7. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

8. Is it possible to add offline count too function? If player enter in server in 6am and exit in 7am then his base can raid in 6pm?

9. Protocol: 2043.154.1
    Build Date: 12/07/2017 23:13:40
    Unity Version: 2017.1.2f1
    Changeset: 24405
    Branch: main

Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerSave' on plugin 'AntiNoobRaid v1.3.6' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present
    in the dictionary.)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,System.Double].get_Item (UInt64 key) [0x00000] in <filename u
    nknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.Check () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.OnServerSave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
    in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <
    filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

10. Brilliant update. I think this is our problems solved. Just one question though, do we still have to wipe the PTT data at the start of wipe?

Thanks,
    Zilch

11. Well if you want to make everyone unraidable yes, but for that I suggest using
    WipeProtection for Rust | Oxide

12. After Update i have this Error

Code:
    (20:04:02) | Failed to run a 25.00 timer in 'AntiNoobRaid v1.3.6' (InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.)
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[System.UInt64].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[System.UInt64].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid+<CheckPlayersWithNoInfo>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (20:04:07) | Failed to run a 30.00 timer in 'AntiNoobRaid v1.3.6' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,System.Double].get_Item (UInt64 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.Check () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.<StartChecking>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

13. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

14. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

15. Is it possible to go by total number of game hours instead of server hours?

16. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

17. Thats awesome, Sly....... Thanks for the new option.

My suggestions: Auto send a noob player a message telling them they are noob, and giving them the time they will be protected for?
    And set a configurable timer so alt accounts and abusers cannot log in, build, then go to sleep/log out while their main account is then protected?

Thanks

18. The hours played on steam doesn't seem to work :/

19. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1515523276][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sorry for late response, would this show only once at first connection or every time?

I'm not sure how to detect someone's alternative account other than checking if it's family shared, and even if I did, when the configurable timer runs out they will be able to log in and again and build...

20. If someone with 50 hours is in a clan with someone that has 1000 hours and they both build a base what happens?