AntiNoobRaid

Blocks raiding of new players

Total Downloads: 1,517 - First Release: Dec 4, 2017 - Last Update: Jun 23, 2018

5/5, 8 likes
  1. Slydelix submitted a new resource:

AntiNoobRaid - Blocks raiding of new players

Read more about this resource...

2. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

3. This is an amazing idea, especially for lower pop servers! Do you have any future plans to maybe add a config option to refund explosives?

4. Contrary
    The new player
    Can you raid an existing player?

5. Yes, I will add that somewhere in the future
    Edit: hardly

If you just installed playtime tracker everyone will be unraidable, you can go to oxide\data\PTTracker/playtime_data.json and edit the time for each player so they can be raided

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  6. Suggestion
    If player is new and explosive has been thrown, refund the explosives once and send a warning to player. Only refund it once or twice

7. I did some research and I haven't found a way to handle/detect types of explosives so that might get delayed a bit :/

Edit: Ignore that up there, I found a way

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  8. (08:22:35) | Failed to call hook 'OnUserConnected' on plugin 'AntiNoobRaid v1.2.0' (InvalidCastException: Null object can not be converted to a value type.)

(08:22:35) | at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.Call[Double] (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.OnUserConnected (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

9. Are you sure playtime tracker is installed?

10. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

11. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

12. | Failed to initialize plugin 'AntiNoobRaid v1.3.1' (InvalidCastException: Null object can not be converted to a value type.)

(18:20:14) | at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.Call[Double] (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.Check () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.Loaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.AntiNoobRaid.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(18:20:14) | Unloaded plugin AntiNoobRaid v1.3.1 by Slydelix

13. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1512778203][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Fixed in newest version

14. Ahh, gotcha. Just saw you do an update. Thanks

15. while testing noticed that:
    Code:
    Calling hook OnEntityTakeDamage resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: Vanish - True (Boolean), AntiNoobRaid (False (Boolean))
    i understand what this is not common situation, and players wouldn't use vanish, but anyways - just reporting =]

16. (13:21:20) | [AntiNoobRaid] Failed to find player with steamID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, trying again in 1 min (last attempt)
    (13:21:20) | [AntiNoobRaid] Failed to find player with steamID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx report this on Oxidemod!
    There was players sleeping when i installed this. How to fix this spam to rcon? =Please help asap?!

17. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

18. Slydelix updated AntiNoobRaid with a new update entry:

19. Thanks for this plugin, it's a great idea and should help prevent us losing new players.

I'd just like to understand something though, and possibly ask for a new option? ;)

For example, one of our long time players has 682083.78866004944 seconds (189 hours) in the playtime_data.json, and that's copied into AntiNoobRaid.json. Does that mean he won't get any protection? We've had a talk about it here and if so, we don't think that's fair. What I'm asking is could a player from another server with 1000+hours join our server as a noob and then raid the existing long term player on our server?

Or is the existing player also protected from being raided by the noob?

With further talks about it, what we'd like to be able to do is prevent ALL raiding for 36 hours from wipe to give everyone a fair chance at getting established, and then new players ("new" defined as since the wipe) that join the server, get protection from the existing players on the server for 36 hours. And the existing players ALSO get protected from being raided by the new player that's just joined for 36 hours.

I hope I've worded that correctly so that it makes sense. :)

Again, thanks for a great plugin. I really see this as a help to keep servers populated, and I hope my suggestion will get adopted.

20. I'm not sure I understand... Plugin is supposed to prevent raiding of new players on server and if you give them 24 hours of being safe they will be... not sure what you meant by this
    yes they could because they are new on the server, what you could possibly do is modify his time in playtime tracker data file to remove his "noob status".
    I might add option to check the players in game time on steam, but not sure what you mean by raiding "existing long term player", only new players are meant to be protected
    This is a very good idea (but also very complicated), only 1 thing, not sure why would you protect players from new players if they are new (no resources to raid(?))