1. Hello! Decay.scale false seems to reset after server updates. I didn't try server.writecfg after decay.scale false yet (I'm still testing a few things out). My question though, is there a way to turn off decay while keeping the decay.upkeephealscale? I do like the idea of having bases slowly regenerate if stocked. Would it be more practical to just set the decay.cupboard_updaterate up extremely high (would still require some materials in)? If set to decay.upkeep false, would plugins like Custom Decay still work? Thanks!

TLDR
    -decay.scale false not saving on server reset. Anyone else experience?
    -Turn off decay upkeep while keeping upkeep heal?
    -If upkeep false, will older decay plugins still work?

2. If you Turn off decay.upkeep the server will revert back to the old decay system, NoDecay for Rust | Oxide still works, with the new decay system, but if players leave resources in their TC's, they will still get used on each decay update, with decay.upkeep true.

decay.scale now only works for deployables, as they follow the old decay rules, decay.upkeep is for buildings.

3. Thanks for the response. For now, I saved decay.upkeep false and restarted the server (this time it saved!). I may play around with it some and do what you suggested. I feel like if I use No Decay while leaving upkeep true, it may work how I want it to. Either Custom Decay wasn't working correctly or I just had it set up weird (twigs weren't decaying but the stone walls were even though decay scale was set to 0 for everything in the Custom Decay cfg). Thanks again! I'll post updates if I get a positive result.

4. If you want the var to be set after every restart you would need to either put it in server.cfg, or use StartupCommands | Oxide

5. Yeah, after I did server.write.cfg, it worked like a charm. Thanks!

6. Update: After taking out a few mods (Autobroadcast was preventing my rcon from connecting..weird), the decay reverted back to true. Very weird.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512899040][/DOUBLEPOST]After setting decay.upkeep false then saving the config with server.writecfg and restarting the server, the decay almost always turns back to "true". Anyone else experiencing this after restart? Also, if anyone knows, in the server config file, is there supposed to be a line that expresses decay.upkeep false? I see no lines in there showing the status of decay.upkeep.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

AutoBroadcast would not prevent your RCON from connecting, there's no possible way and literally no connection between them. :p

8. You know, I thought that too. After installing, the RCON would either get stuck on connecting or when I would hit connect it wouldn't register as me connecting. After about an hour, I deleted AutoBroadcast and it connected right after. In that hour I tried changing the password, restarting the server multiple times, checking the IP, setting up new RCON profiles and entering them in w/o copy/paste too. May have been coincidence though. I also installed it right through Nitrious Network's interface rather than just uploading the file into their filemanger if that could affect anything. Not sure, was just perfect timing which lead me to believe that it may be the problem.

9. Just released an article around the RUST Decay Upkeep Variable.

I have a few more articles to write around the other variables associated with this. I'm pretty interested in what they're going to do with the previous decay.scale setting and how all the other interactions work for servers with the upkeep disabled. (i.e. how much code did they actually remove around these mechanics)