1. The navmesh would be generated every time I start it. But animals just stand where they are. Sometimes they would run for a little distance and then stop again. When I attack them they could turn to my face but don't hit me back. It seems like they are calculating something but don't know where to go next. Anyone knows how to fix this? Appreciate.

By the way the map size is 6000.

2. I'm also having the same issue, i have 22 mods installed, there was a topic 2 years ago about oxide hooks but not sure what is causing this..

3. Type:

+nav_disable false

in your config, this will sort it, if its already set to "true"

4. I did this via console command and nothing, i also removed all 22 mods, just have rust.io and oxide. do i have to restart server? i have active players right now :/

5. yeah restart after editing config.

6. thanks for your replies, but this is now going to sound dumb but which config file and where?

7. Pretty sure it's rustds\server\my_server_identity\cfg\serverauto.cfg

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

server.cfg; serverauto.cfg resets.

Keep in mind that some hosts may be forcing this setting via command-line.

9. Unfortunately this variable is never be changed. It's always false. And nav_wait is always true.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then your issue is likely not caused by that. Check the top of your RustDedicated_Data/output_log.txt (or wherever your Unity log is) for any errors that mention "Apex" in them.

11. \RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexAI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading c:\games\209_247_83_232_28016\xxxxxxxx\ruste\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexAI.dll into Unity Child Domain

no errors, also added nav_disable false into serverauto.cfg and just restarted server with no avail :(

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Don't use serverauto.cfg, use server.cfg or your command-line.

Also, full log please.

13. this is my console command through rustadmin (14:15:21) | dynamicnavmesh.nav_disable: "False"

Attached Files:

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, what about it? If it's already false, setting it isn't going to make a difference.

You or your host has nav_disable set to true, so that's your cause though.

15. Here it is~

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check to make sure you do not have nav_disable set to true in your startup (I can't see your full log). PS. Please attach logs in the future. ;)

17. Here it comes~ I recheck it and pretty sure nav_disable is false. I run the server by myself. There is no other man handle it. And I never add it to my cfg. So it should be default state which is false I suppose. Hoping you can find out the cause. Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It shows as nav_disable true in your startup log, so it could be that your host is forcing it.

19. RESOLVED thanks for that i guess our hosting server added that in to reduce lag? i have my original server config and it didn't contain +nav_disable true ever (game servers)... thank you very much

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Many shared hosts add that to increase performance and reduce resource usage.