1. They aren't moving for me on my hosted server nor my personal server. Oxide is Installed on both. They were moving before the update. Settings are still the same as before.

I haven't tried vanilla. Although I seen a stream where they were moving.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your output_log.txt for errors.

3. where is this file supposed to be ? I don't see it in my personal server. Ill look on the hosted server.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

By default, Rust now has it under C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\LocalLow\Facepunch Studios LTD\Rust, but you can change the location by using the -logfile filename.txt startup parameter.

5. I've searched everywhere, is it possible that its not even saved anywhere?

EDIT: I found that text file under my secondary harddrive within the files of my client. but I didn't see any errors in that file? Not sure if that's the one I need to be looking in. But as for the in the server files. I cant find it if there is one. I'm pretty confused :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The default is the location I mentioned, which it'd be there if not already set to somewhere else via -logfile. If you have a server on an older version of Windows, the start location may vary.

7. windows 10

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then it should be where I mentioned, but you could always set it somewhere you'd like with -logfile too.

9. -logfile in the config ? or do I need to put a path also ?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your startup or command-line. You'd specify a filename after it or path + filename.

11. ok thanks

12. EDIT: I've tried and tried to get the file location to the place that I want it in the batch file. I'm using RSM and I think its resetting the batch file when I restart up the server. It will not stay in the batch file.

I've never done this before so it might just be me screwing it up. I'm guessing the batch file I have included is where I put that.

Aslo, I reinstalled just a vanilla server, and animals are moving. so .. do I really need to find this output_log.txt file for errors ? :)

Attached Files:

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, because that is where'd confirm the cause of issue, which is indicated by a specific error. The only time this has been caused by Oxide was when another version of protobuf-net.dll was installed that conflicted with Rust, but we've used the same version as Rust since it was an issue a month+ ago. I even added checks to prevent other versions from manually being imported by extensions and plugins, so not sure how you'd be having that issue all of a sudden.

14. yeah its real mind bashing. I'm getting pretty flustered with trying to get that file to output where I want it. RSM is cool and all but I don't think I'm doing it right at all. Can you tell me where in that file and how to input the directory? Obviously I need more of a walkthrough then I thought.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you're using RSM, then it likely sets all of that inside of it, but unsure as I'm not familiar with it. Starting the server with a .bat is generally how I do it, so pretty easy to pop in what I need where I need it. Either way, it'd still be in the default location I mentioned above if -logfile isn't being set by you or RSM to another location.

16. Same Problem works fine on vanilla server but as soon as i install oxide non of the ai is working

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have a protobuf-net.dll in your RustDedicated_Data/Managed directory?

18. no but the did change the ai and how it loads so maybe thats it

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unlikely, it's only ever been a protobuf-net conflict, just not sure why it is happening now.

20. also do you want my output_log
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510894289][/DOUBLEPOST]i found 1 error but dont think is to do with this
    ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded