1. Hi, it is possible to change an animal like bear or wolf to be a boss? Increase the damage, health and speed, and when someone kill him, he drop a reward o an airdrop near his corpse without the cargo plane.

I dont want who other player be the boss, only wild animals.

There will be a pretty cool mod.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439920901,1439811502][/DOUBLEPOST]34 views, and any response? :/

2. You could definitely mod all of this. I don't think it exists now though. The speed though I'm not sure, this might be hardcoded client-side.

The health/damage can both be played with at the attack level (OnEntityTakeDamage)... In the case of health just scale down the incoming damage when the receiving end is the boss. In the case of damage just increase damage when the damage source is the boss.

As for a drop it's easy to just drop stuff at the corpe' location.. if you want it to be an airdrop crate it's possible as well.

All that said, I tried fiddling with model sizes and couldn't find a way to scale up or down entities... Would really be nice to make like double sized-bears and spawn a couple randomly on the map for instance... Seems like the model sizes have overrides both server and client side, not sure what's going on....

So basically your players wouldn't know a boss from a non-boss animal until they hit it.

3. If I request this plugin, is because I dont know to code it. And to diference a normal animal to a boss, it could add a name on the animal or a command which says you, where the boss is.

4. I thought about adding an arrow above the boss :x

5. Yeah, a green arrow pointing the boss :D If you can code it, you will be the best haha

6. Not hard at all just draw it with the rust's draw system.

7. Nono, I dont said that, I said about to code the whole plugin hahaha not just the arrow.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440071519,1439996773][/DOUBLEPOST]Are you coding the request plugin PaiN?

8. I'm busy these days so doubt it.

9. Meeh ok mate :/ thats a pity, but I will wait for you!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440243628,1440076786][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone is working on the plugin?

10. Increase wolf health 300/300

11. Pretty sure the health bar is client-side like building blocks, but you could reduce the damage they take by overriding "OnEntityTakeDamage".

12. That works to. Care to throw me a few lines down for that?

What about reducing the damage they do to players? same thing? Need that too

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  13. Haven't tested but something like this:
    Code:
    void OnEntityTakeDamage(BaseEntity entity, HitInfo info)
    {
        if (info == null || info.Initiator == null) return;
        if (entity is BasePlayer && info.Initiator is BaseNPC)
            info.damageTypes.ScaleAll(0.5f);
        else if (entity is BaseNPC && info.Initiator is BasePlayer)
            info.damageTypes.ScaleAll(0.5f);
    }

14. you can increase the AI max health

for players the max health is hard coded, but for the Animals you can change it.

15. How can I do this?

16. How can I do this? x2