1. I am vanilla server owner now but i want to know can i put this plugins in vanilla oxide server.
    - Colored chat names
    -better chat
    -rusted.store for donations queue buypass
    -sign artist
    -rules plugin popup, /skins and thats all
    I WILL NOT ADD to omany plugins just i want to organize chat and add donations via rusted.tore plugin and thats only important. Someone told me i can use coloured names without problem but i am not surre for the better chat. This 2 are not changing vanilla experience about others typed in the threat? Plase inform me.
    if something is not allowed for vanilla please reply i want to prepare for the next wipe.
    Like old rust legacy you should be able to change colours in chat and text. thats why i neeed to know can i use it in vanilla without being blocked.

Here is the full list of mods i want to use. type which is allowed as vanilla and which is not allowed!
    Nothing to change gameplay i just want to make my server better organize chat and add donations (queue buypass to keep server alive)
    I think there might be problem with (skins and sign artist but i need your help guys)

-BetterChat
    -BetterSay
    -ColouredNames
    -DevblogAnnouncer
    -InventoryViewer
    -OnScreenLogo
    -PremissionsManager
    -PrivateMessage
    -RulesGUI
    -RustedStore
    -SignArtist
    -Skins

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Facepunch allows "admin tools", so anything that visually changes or alters the gameplay could potentially get your server blacklisted.

Examples from your list would be any of the GUI/CUI stuff, custom signs, and possibly skins. Colored names and such might be okay, but technically alters the gameplay somewhat.

3. Thanks for help Wulf. Now this are ok?
    -BetterChat
    -BetterSay
    -ColouredNames
    -DevblogAnnouncer
    -InventoryViewer
    -PrivateMessage
    -RustedStore
    As i understand from your replay InventoryViewer is bad idea right?
    If something is not ok please correct me and also how they blacklist my server. 1st they blacklist IP? 2nd only if someone report or immediately if i install for example something that is not allowed in vanilla.
    Thanks in advance.
    Edit: what is full name of CUI?

4. Guess it's a shorthand for Custom User Interface

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

6. I have a server on Rust and I use oxide for it, I have a lot of plugins that allow me (as admin) to teleport, spawn airdrops ect. My server is appearing under community and when I join the plugins that I put into the server are working. They are just not in the server. I know I did everything properly because I have done this before in the past and it has worked completely fine, not a single issue. I believe that because it is saying that my server is under community that plugins are not loading properly. Is there anyway I make it so that my server is under modded where it belongs?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you change it to not be modded under oxide.config.json?

8. Where would I find oxide.config.json

9. I do not believe I properly downloaded Oxide onto my server then because I cannot find that anywhere in my server files.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512621250][/DOUBLEPOST]Now this is becoming confusing to me... so when I "re-downloaded" Oxide, it gave me the same file name that I have in my server files, "RustDedicated_Data" at first before I had this issue, when I clicked on RustDedicated_Data it showed these files "Managed, Mono, Plugins, Resources, StreamingAssets" so when I re-downloaded Oxide it gave me the same file "RustDedicated_Data" by the contents within the file where completely different. The last time I downloaded Oxide to my old server I never had a problem. I just added it simply and all was well. What am I doing wrong?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The contents haven’t changed in terms of the actual mod, that folder is the same as it has been. Check under the server/identity location if you or your host has +oxide.directory set.

11. That's what I'm trying to say, there is no Identity file.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The identity is created by your Rust server and would always exist in one name or another. The "identity" was just a placeholder/example, where "my_server_identity" is the default for Rust.

13. Under identity, there is only cfg, storage, and user.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yup, that's all that would be there other than the .sav files if you don't have +oxide.directory set to there. The default location for the oxide directory is up to folders in the root where RustDedicated.exe is unless changed.

15. It didn't change it at all and there is nothing in my files that has anything to do with oxide. There is not a single item inside my server's files that have to do with oxide but when I go to download the files it says they are already there. This is so confusing. lol

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What you download is the mod, not the "oxide" folder which is generated when the server starts with Oxide.