1. Ah those stats are from another place we're checking out. But that makes sense. Hmm. Alright let me do some figuring.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509672841][/DOUBLEPOST]SP-32-S

Intel Xeon E3-1245v5
    4c/8t - 3.5GHz /3.9GHz
    32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
    SoftRaid 2x2TB
    500 Mbps bandwidth
    vRack: not included

is this one big enough to run 1 50-slot unmodded and 3 100-slots modded? All 4k-6k Maps? Avg. Pop is 10-25 people.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509672962][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind. I'll keep looking. Those are all in Canada. That doesn't work for our players. Thank you though.

2. Alright, coming back to this because I've now given up on Facepunch's Support Team. My host has asked me to reach out to Facepunch...Facepunch just repeatedly closes my tickets without helping...and now I'm back here. @Wulf , I know this is a super long stretch, but do you think you could give me any ideas of what just might be wrong to cause this? All four of my servers, one of which does not have Oxide installed at all, are lagging at the exact same time. These servers are not on the same machine, nor are they on a rack. My host has over 3000+ Rust Servers on their Chicago Branch, where mine is located...our four servers are the only ones experiencing simultaneous lag. My host has ran numerous tests both on ours and others in a similar state to ours, and nothing is appearing to be broken or malfunctioning. I'm hopeless at this point. I've ran these servers for nearly two years now, and I feel as though I'm failing as the admin of an incredible community. I just want to get back to the way these servers were before this lag hit.

To fill you in on some details of what it does...The first notice of lag is that the FPS meter on Facepunch's Github Web RCON dips, and by dips I mean goes from 237 FPS to 1-2 FPS. Also, the CPU percentage on our actual server's control panel drops from 18% down to 0.19%. Sometimes this crash results in rubberbanding, sometimes it results in crashing. The only noticeable thing across the board besides the lag is the CPU plummets. The CEO of my hosting company ran tests on the CPU on all four of these machines and he found absolutely nothing wrong. He's out of options. He has no idea what could be causing this, and he wants to continue to give me a satisfactory experience for my players as well as me. I have attached an image of the CPU setup on these (it is from the beginning of this problem, so there should be four there since we separated them all to different machines, but he said later on he ran a test again and found nothing wrong still).

Server Info...
    3 100 Slot Servers (All 3 share the same plugins...40-50 Plugins on each)
    1 50 Slot Server (0 Plugins, no Oxide Installed)
    Avg. Building Entity Count By Forced: 110,189
    Avg. Population 10-15
    Map Sizes 4000, 5000, 3500, 5000.

Host Info...
    4 Different Machines
    None of them are on the same Rack
    Several tests ran on our servers as well as servers in comparison to ours to check for issues
    No Support Tickets similar to ours on any of their branches.
    Ddos tests ran to assure it was not an ongoing attack.

I'm hoping that maybe you'll be able to help me start on the right path here. Any advice, any possible tidbits I can talk to my hosting company about would be so amazing. If there is any further info you might need to try and find a possible fix, or even another possibility? Let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  3. Coming back here once again because I'm out of luck...anyone got any tips besides Dedicated?

4. It has nothing to do with plugins. This is happening on a plugin and oxide-free server too.

On a side note, any recommendations for hosts?

5. @Shark-A-Holic It must be your host as we had this same discussion months ago with no positive changes. If you're using penny hosting I'd use any other host than what you're on now. If you want more power and better performance I'd look into VPS or dedicated server.

My recommendation is to go Linux, it's cheaper, better performance and more reliable than window machines.

VPSDime - Cheap VPS Hosting
    Windows Remote Desktop VPS - VirMach.com | The Best & Cheapest VPS Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated servers - OVH

6. The issue with those is that there isn't any hosted in Chicago specifically. I've heard great things from OVH, but I'll check and see on the others you've recommended. How much more work is it to run one of those?

7. @Shark-A-Holic It depends on what you mean by work. It'll require more attention than just your average game host control panel, and will require you to adjust settings and edit plugins manually. Once you get the hang of it it's all pretty simple.

PS: Linux is the best option as you can easily automate most tasks with cron jobs.