1. For the past two months, all four of my servers have been lagging at the exact same time. One of these has no plugins, nor is Oxide installed. The lag ranges from instant rubberbanding to crashing, and my host refuses to believe it’s something they can fix. I’m curious as to whether or not you guys may know what could cause this? All of the servers are on separate machines and are not on the same rack. The only correlation I can find is that when the lag hits, our CPU percentage across all four drops to 0.19%. When it crashes, the CPU on all four drops to 0.0%. Once again, it has nothing to do with plugins or with oxide, as one of them does not pertain Oxide Mod Manager at all and yet it still lags at the exact same time as those with it.

Any advice or ideas is appreciated, as I’m becoming fed up with empty servers. I didn’t spend the last two years building them up for them to fall down. :(

2. Who is your provider?
    Where is your server located? (as in central US, eastern Us ect)

3. PM'd you.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509664383][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Chicago, IL, USA

4. What is your average server load? How much available memory does each server have?

5. 12-25 people generally. Also they each have 8gb RAM and that's the updated package.

6. @Shark-A-Holic By load, I mean how much resource does each server use on average? Also, 8GB is not enough memory for a rust server unless you're running 1-2k maps. Chances are your issue is the available memory and the lack thereof causing a bottleneck. If a process exceeds its maximum allocated resource it will begin to float completely disconnecting it but allowing it to idle so it can be identified.

TL;DR
    You need more memory.

7. Host doesn't offer anything higher than 8GB. Sigh, lol. Gotta love it.

8. I don't know. I know we usually get up to 150k entities, but that's it. Resources get pounded all the time. @iDeath I believe they're Windows.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509667258][/DOUBLEPOST]Host just said I have a total of 64GB of RAM, but I'm only allowed to see 8GB allocation.

9. @Shark-A-Holic I recommend renting a VPS or a Dedicated server and not use penny hosting. You have more control and most importantly dedicated power without allocation restrictions.

10. I've never hit my allocated cap though. That's what I'm concerned with. All this lag, and plenty of RAM...

11. You only have 8gb of memory. Your provider stated your server (server machine) has 64gb and only 8gb is actually allocated to your host. So, in reality, you only have 8gb. You need more memory.

12. Asking if there's a way I can get more...sheesh..

13. @Shark-A-Holic Just to give you an idea of what an average population does to your memory.
    ScreenShot_20171031165335.png

14. Ours are maxed out already lol. anywhere between 67% and 112%.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509671571][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Their response:

The Memory you see on your server is only what you are allocated, the system runs a total of 64GB of RAM.

When your server boots up, is the only time it would spike to anything higher than your average use. If you were capping the allocated 8GB of RAM, you would be receiving a "Rule" email notifying you that the service has exceeded its allocated resources and would "Stop" your server. That is not the case here.

15. @Shark-A-Holic If we dot our I's and cross our T's you've been having weird lag and rubber-banding for the past 2 months and still are using the same host. This is indeed a memory issue and I recommend moving away from penny host companies as they're a rip-off.

You can rent a cheap vps that will easily run your server. Since you run multiple servers I recommend just renting a windows or linux dedicated server. Save yourself the hassle.

16. I can't afford $250 a month is the issue lol.

17. So a server that's a 1650 V3/4 64GB RAM server would be best? They said it's not a VPS.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509672545][/DOUBLEPOST] I can't afford those...I have four servers...lol.

18. @Shark-A-Holic You would only need one.. These are dedicated servers you can run 10-15 servers on them.

Also, your hoster is giving you the specs of the actual machine, you're only allocated virtual resources which is a very small portion of what the server actually has.