AFK

Kicks players that are AFK (away from keyboard) for too long

Total Downloads: 890 - First Release: May 20, 2016 - Last Update: Sep 5, 2016

5/5, 5 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Mmmm, I think I know why. Looking into a fix.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated AFK with a new update entry:

3. Just a fine point... so I think this is a timing issue. I posted that on Wed, and Oxide was updated on Thursday (normal wipe schedule for me... then again Yesterday at 5:06 PM) and your release was Yesterday at 5:43 PM (prev was Tuesday at 10:01 PM).

It is merely because you are a solid dev that keeps up on the versioning in a timely manner.... :)

I will have to use the older version because I hate to update oxide except on wipe cycles bc it sometimes breaks other mods.

Thanks for your timely responses as well.

Additionally I have another suggestion for your mod.... can you add a json key that will pause the kick of an AFK player if they are crafting?? Only kick after crafting completed?? There are players that start crafting and then go get a bite to eat... that's fair in my book.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sure, I can add an option.

5. Thank You! Of course I cant use that until next wipe cycle... :(

6. afk.excluded does not work for me. I set the permission and still get kicked.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you add it to a group or individual?

8. Individual (two of us).

Capture1.JPG

For me I can add to admin group because I am the only person in the group.... but for the other guy I have to add as individual because he is a moderator BUT not in the moderator group (for a reason, it is too liberal with permissions in rust general).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1473133551][/DOUBLEPOST]gotta sleep will deal with it tomorrow... :)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I just tested it with and without the permission, kicks normally without it and no kick with it. All I can suggest is to make sure you are updated and you actually have the permission.

10. I'm on the newst version of oxide and just a few minuts ago this error shows up
    Code:
    Oxide] 22:24 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'AFK v1.1.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Full error from the log please.

12. If you mean the oxide Debug then here you go
    Code:
    [Oxide] 22:24 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.AFK.OnUserDisconnected (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AFK.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

13. One more actual finer point. I think the suggestion I have is great except that people might make HUGE crafting queues.... I think the better solution is to have a pause timer that allows admins to say for example below:

Setup the mod to AFK kick people after 30min regardless of crafting.
    Setup the mod to AFK kick people after 30min but if crafting delay 15min.

The new config item would not be a true/false of delay while crafting but a number that will delay in addition to the 30 min IF they are crafting and provide warnings while the crafting delay is in progress.

Someone else in this thread might come up with a better solution but mainly since i have the ServerRewards mod and people get points for playing... then they AFK for hours gaining points. I have already suggested to the dev of ServerRewards to put in an AFK flag that will stop point from being earned if they are still for a certain length of time.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's something that I'll need to fix in Oxide itself, not really an issue with the plugin.

15. well as you said you've to fix it in oxide self then please take a look on this also ,
    I got this error a few minuts ago
    Code:
    [Oxide] 20:12 [Debug]   at Oxide.Game.Hurtworld.Libraries.Covalence.HurtworldPlayer.Position () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AFK.AfkCheck (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AFK.OnUserConnected (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AFK.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

16. Just to let you know I started crashing the server 2-3 times a day recently and when I traced back and removed the most recent installed mods... turns out it looks like AFK was crashing the server. Of course I am not 100% sure but the three mods I removed (in order) were Player Manager, Inventory Viewer and AFK.

Of course I was not crash free until AFK was gone.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see how, but okay. Unlikely it was crashing though, just the host force restarting the server due to resource usage.

18. @Wulf I don't know if you've this trouble but i do,
    Code:
    [Oxide] 14:42 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'AFK v1.1.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    Code:
    [Oxide] 14:42 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.AFK.OnUserDisconnected (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would need to be fixed in Oxide, the player should not be null there.

20. @Wulf someone just has being kicked from my server and I getted this error showed up
    Code:
    [Oxide] 14:49 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserDisconnected' on plugin 'AFK v1.1.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)