1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Admin recently changed in the game, it was originally whoever was the first connection, but now it requires a password.

To setup admin in Hide & Hold Out, simply follow the steps listed below:
    1. Open config.cfg in a text editor such as Notepad, Notepad++, or similar.
    2. Change the "admin_password" option to something you can remember.
    3. Save the config.cfg file, and restart or start the server let it finish loading.
    4. Once the server is started, connect to it and open your in-game console with F9.
    5. Type: admin PASSWORD and then press the Enter key, where PASSWORD is the password you set.
    6. You should receive a confirmation message that you were granted/logged in as admin, and done!

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Whis and k1lly0u like this.
  2. DJDiamonD

DJDiamonD Scavenger

Do you really think that it is very good protection? xD

3. Wulf

It's pretty much the same as RCON admin in most other games, but that's up to the developers of the game. You can still use Oxide permissions in plugins.

4. DJDiamonD

DJDiamonD Scavenger

Is it true that H2O is developed by 2 young developers?

5. Reneb

Reneb Grenade Master Plugin Developer

yes
    and sadely we see it in the code ^^
    but the game looks nice and has potential

6. DJDiamonD

DJDiamonD Scavenger

So. Any ideas? How they did it?) It's magical)

7. Gm0ney

Gm0ney Scavenger

i have done this, but would i still not be able to use /give or anything like that? because it still says you dont have permission

8. Wulf

This tutorial is purely for getting admin status in the game. Pretty much all plugins should (and currently are) use Oxide's permissions system. To grant a player a permission, use the '/grant' chat command using the proper syntax and permissions shown on each plugin's Overview.

9. Gm0ney

Gm0ney Scavenger

thanks wulf i just noticed that >< sorry im dumb :D

10. L3G10N Community

L3G10N Community Naked Wanderer

Hey Wulf i can't figure out why it keeps telling me "admin command failed" here a little list what i tried:

-admin "password" = console: "admin command failed"
    -typing in server console commands, beside "quit" none of them seems to work.
    -checked database for my admin entry = there
    -add line "first_admin=SteamID64" to .cfg and .bat = nothing
    -trying to use "/commands" in chat = obv. dont got the req. permissions

11. Wulf

Chat command permissions are all dependent on what each plugin uses, aside from Oxide's core commands which check for H2o admin.

Try the password in the F9 console without the quotes, just exactly as you see it in the config.

12. L3G10N Community

Console wont even eat the "" so no sir. Is this possibly a problem on gameside?

13. Wulf

What is your password currently set to?

14. L3G10N Community

Nvm Wulf, Devs just confirmed this is a gameside problem. Will be updated soon

15. Tampa Powers

Tampa Powers Naked Wanderer

So I can't seem to admin myself on my server. 64SteamID entered and put an admin password, however every time I start the server it resets the admin password. I cannot set an rcon password either. Entering the command to admin myself gives me an access violation, not on admin list. Putting player admin set with my steamid in the console does nothing.