Solved Admin password system

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by KnightHawk, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Hi there! Lately, I have have witnessed a new hack that is allowing people to spoof guid's. Every single one of my admins has had their GUID spoofed (Including myself) is there someway of making a system that admins would have to enter a password on wakeup? I believe this type of request is fairly simple, i just unfortunately do not know the coding. Thank you in advance!

Knight

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You could use the existing Authenticator plugin.

3. Is that not server wide though?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

5. The problem with that is that the people are actually spoofing out complete Guid. So the authenticator wouldn't work as that's only when logging in with another steam account. The person is somehow logging in with all my admins complete guid, so the system would think it's them. I've verified with steam that no one has logged into my steam account other then me. Same with my other admins.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Mmm, actually, that plugin is meant for nicknames/usernames, so it might not be much good. It could easily be modified to handle Steam IDs instead though, and would suit your needs. You could have to only trigger for auth level 2 users, and then it'd prompt you to enter a password.

7. That's perfect! I would actually need it to trigger for Auth 1 and 2. If you or someone else could do it, that would be amazing