1. Hi there. I managed to set up the owner command on my server, but how can I put myself back to a smooth player?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

removeowner YOURSTEAMID

3. I have tried this code but it does not do anything :( what do I do about that?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you logout and back in?

5. sorry i was the wrong :)
    I watched and wrote that removeownerid was not good :)
    it works thanks for help

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
  6. I have a question but I can not find where to write .. unfortunately I do not know much English I also write this with a translation. can i write my question here is no problem? a plugin for SkipNight UI for Rust

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you're having a problem with that plugin, please use it's support thread.

8. i can give myself things and i can use rust admin release and rust io but i cannot bind any buttons in game or give godmode to myself
    my owner id is set perf 1 works fine but again cant bind no clip or god true
    as side note idk if it matters but the text is blue when i enter it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  9. bind l noclip
    type this in f1

10. done it a million times tbh
    launch server thru server.bat
    then go to rust admin n launch
    then launch game
    owner ids set i have permission as i can perf 1 and use admin tool to give stuff
    hit f1
    bind l noclip
    bind g ent kill
    bind p debugcamera
    god true
    write.cfg
    restart server
    same result nothing

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Binding is done on your client and has nothing to do with your server really. Using "write.cfg" (not valid) or "write cfg" will not make a difference with it either nor will restarting the server as it's client-side. What will make a difference is if the the ownerid (auth level 2) permission is lacking which is required for no clip, ent kill, debug camera, and god to be used by your client.

12. what do i do to get myself the right permissions

13. Someone please Help me ive looked this up everywhere for 3 days and i cannot get this to work...
    I have my server all set up
    i have all files
    Still no matter what i do i cant get noclip to work.
    after opening server for first time (20xs reinstalled this) and get in game
    i input to server ownerid "STEAMID""name""reason" hit enter
    then input server.writecfg and get save complete
    now restart server server restarting in 200 sec
    once finished i reconnect to steam and input in f1 bind l noclip enter(letters are blue dont know if that matters)
    press l and nothing... same for every other command i input///... how do i make sure i get the permissions to use this and please dont say input ownerid 65765675757576576 dominator owner because ive dont it a million times and then some... im ripping my hair out right now the server is the only way i can play this game as my gpu is screwed and cant run...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1504655057][/DOUBLEPOST]Gyazo - 44133495acbd4769ab7409c04ae0d9bb.png
    Gyazo - 50c64eba427080d804ead06554b9a4e1.png
    if any other pics needed ill take em someone just tell me how to fix it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

14. what if it that "green square" connected says "green square" not connected
    what did i do wrong

15. You are using the wrong steamid can you not see that you added this id to being an admin 76561197960287930 when it should be this one 76561198335042546

So in rcon do this
    removeowner 76561197960287930
    then
    server.writecfg
    then
    ownerid 76561198335042546 "Dominator" "Owner"
    then
    server.writecfg
    then relog if in game

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  16. OMMFG !!!!!!!!!!!
    Ty dude it worked fine... i was using stupid steam io and it kept giving me wrong id i guess... i knew i was doing everything correctly... copied it from the cmd n pasted that way ty again

17. Its ok I have seen many and fixed many doing the same mistake

18. I have been out of the loop for about a year, i still owned my server but kept it unopen as i dealt with real life, anyways now im back and my memory is worse by the day due to health issues, so im a bit confused.
    my rusty is not working for some reason although all settings info is correct, and i cant even set myself as admin.
    i cant enter it into rusty since its not working but i entered it in game using f1 console, and then again i made a users.cfg in my server logs and neither worked. i also restarted server and left and came back several times. i remember i had this issue in past but cant recall how i fixed it. i think using rusty but i cant right now. any other suggestions?
    i entered ownerid 76561198241748128 "BeautyKilled" (both with and without the reason part) and im still not set as owner.
    i also tried to set my family member as moderator and that did not work either. using same methods. any idea what im doing wrong?

oh i also put the server.writecfg when doing it in console. (it did not say config saved though either)

19. sorry to bother, i got it working now using RustAdmin console. it is much better than rusty anyways. yay!

20. it's good you got it working and yes, I agree rustadmin is better, but you can also use the live map there is an option when you login to it you see a console tab