1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but the auth levels in Rust are predefined.

2. I need a help, im runing my sever localy, i use ownerid <steamid> "player name" "reason" via rusty, an then when connect to my server it say my name Rivotril has auth lvl 2, but when im in game, use f1 put a commando and dont work says invalid command. What im doing bad? Sorry for my bad english :s

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't need to use RCON when hosting on the same computer, just type the command in the server console. If you get an "invalid command" message, then that command doesn't exist.

4. I put the command like "crafting.complete" in the server console and say command not found, and the use the same command using F1 in game, and dont work, say invalid command.
    What you say, dont use rcon? i need to change my start_server and delete my rcon line? +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "changeme123"? thanks for the help Wulf :p

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you only connect to it locally, you can remove all the rcon settings and just use the server console window. I don't think the "crafting.complete" command is usable in the F1 console, which is why you get that message.

6. I use the server console, then use "crafting.complete" or "dmg.godmode", and its say command not found. Only work the comand "say hello" becouse i see in game "server console hello". Dont know whats its the problem i can not use commands :s thanks wulf, i need to investigate more :D

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to use valid commands. http://oxidemod.org/threads/rust-experimental-and-oxide-server-commands.6404/

8. I understand the command is ownerid <id> <name> "reason", but it appears to not be giving me owner. I also would like to know the directory I find users.cfg in, or server.writecfg to verify if I am. I am using the 2.o Oxide build for expirimental. The server is ran on a purchased host, and I am using rusty browser version.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425416797][/DOUBLEPOST]btw it is also telling me it added the id to owner, but on some oxide plugins, its saying no permission

9. yeah me too

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your users.cfg file under your server directory and make sure you used your 64-bit steamid. The only way you'd have an issue is if your ateamid wasn't added and saved to the file, or if you used the wrong steamid format.

11. so i am set as the owner but it says im not allowed to use my give commands? how do i change this?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425601193][/DOUBLEPOST]the wrong format? i used a steam64id converter, how else do i obtain this id?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you used the steamid64 format, then check your users.cfg and make sure it was saved.

13. Just open your profile page and put in ?xml=1 behind the url which gives you the xml view of your profile starting with your steamid: upload_2015-3-6_11-29-12.png

14. CHR

CHR

Is it possible to remove ownerid without ftp and deleting the file and restart the server?

Means remove without restart?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

16. Hi there I follow your Forums very closely and I think its great that you folks take the time to help people. I have a question perhaps you may be able to help with. Figured I would give it a shot. I run a Rented (FPSplayers.com) server, and I use Rusty. I have my server set to restart every 12 hours to prevent airdrops/nights working incorrectly and such. My Question is each time that restart happens I need to manually(via Rusty) re apply admins. Is there any way I could save that info, so that after restart the admins could log in and remain (green) admin.
    Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
    -BO

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your users reset because your server never saved them to the users.cfg. You'd either need to do a proper shutdown with "quit" which will trigger them to save, or manually save them with server.writecfg after you add each user.

18. Such a fast response :D
    Ok so to be clear. I add them in Rusty. then right after I add server.writecfg or do I attach that to the add line like this:

moderatorid "steamid 64bit" "name" server.writecfg

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just use server.writecfg after you've used the other commands as it's a separate command.

20. Wulf, your a huge help Boss. I cant tell you how much grief you have saved me. lol 4 moderators calling me at work every day after restart can get pretty heavy. Need more folks like you in this world.
    #Wulfforpresident