1. i cant find the file on the server?
    do i need to fill in my steam name or my game name?

rusty gave me this notification

Added owner NL_Nutcase, steamid 76561198124622114

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The important part is the steamid, the name could really be anything as it's just for your own identification of who owns that steamid.

The users.cfg is under server/youridentity/config or cfg usually.

3. got my steamid trough rusty. looked it up while in the game
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422388649][/DOUBLEPOST]server/id/ i get 2 folders Rust & Ruste

4. Could someone confirm that this works remote and not just localhost?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It works remotely if you follow the steps. There's nothing magical about it, your server just has to properly be setup.

6. Funny, my anti-virus does not allow me to download this. Trojan.

7. i fixed the problerm. thanks..

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Download what? This thread is a tutorial with no downloads. If you have an issue with another program, then take it up with the author, but most likely you are getting what is called a "false positive", else just an overly protective browser.

9. Bitdefender blocks me to the page for the RCON, but it could be a false positive.

10. Is there a command to Remove somebody from Admin/ Moderatorid?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

removeowner, removemoderator

12. I do not have a users.cfg file in my config folder. I have looked through all folders on my sevrer's FTP site and it is not there. Additionally, I have typed ownerid "765...................." and it says in Rusty "Added owner FW Gunz, steamid 765......................." But when I login to my server and try to run a command, it says I am not allowed to do that. Not sure what is going on but it's very frustrating as I have tried to iron this out for a couple of weeks now.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
  13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like your users aren't saving. I'd contact your host if you can't find your users.cfg file.

14. i can not connect into it :/

"No connection :(
    Either the server you are connecting to is down or your server details are incorrect please double check.
    If your details are correct your server host may use a different query port please check any information they gave you and enter it into the settings.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT RUST LOCKS ALL RCON ATTEMPTS FOR A SHORT WHILE AFTER A FAILED LOGIN."

i've everything good

"rcon.password" Command not found

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you set your rcon settings in the startup script? http://oxidemod.org/threads/setting-up-your-own-experimental-rust-server-with-oxide-2.5754/

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is your server self-hosted on your own computer? If so, did you set rcon.ip?

17. when i connect with rust it turns green and still says not connected all my information is correct

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are having an issue with Rusty, please post in its thread.

19. You can restrict the functions moderator to kick and ban, so it was impossible to make out ithem list ?