AbsolutMarket

Global Trade Menu. Any player can buy and sell items. Simply list it!

Total Downloads: 2,670 - First Release: Sep 7, 2016 - Last Update: Jan 16, 2018

5/5, 15 likes
  1. That would be cool, I only ask because I run a wild west rp server and would love a way for players to run shop even when they are offline.

2. Ya I am onboard with what you are thinking.

I am thinking it will go something like this..

Instead of a universal Buy/Sell menu you will engage a box. (Like trying to loot it).

Instead of the loot screen it will bring up the buy/sell menu and only show items listed by that player and located IN that box.

I am also considering the idea of the player creating a box and then being asked to create a sign. So the player can place a box in a secure room and have a sign outside of it. A player can come up and interact with the sign and it will bring up the buy/sell menu similar to what I described above.

I like the second option better but we will see... I also wouldn't mind the idea of an NPC but I worry about server lag and also don't know if I want to go down that road.. we will see.

I am overloaded with stuff right now but am excited to give this a try... so we will see.

Thanks for the suggestion!

3. I have set up the plugin (both new versions), added items to the trade window but players are not able to purchase anything.
    I got a few errors in console so I'll post them below.
    Code:
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Console: AbsolutMarket.cs(253,36): warning CS0219: The variable `Containers' is assigned but its value is never used
    AbsolutMarket.cs(49,43): warning CS0414: The private field `Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutMarket.SaleProcessing' is assigned but its value is never used
    AbsolutMarket.cs(2339,25): warning CS0649: Field `Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutMarket.AMItem.approved' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value `false'
    AbsolutMarket.cs(2342,24): warning CS0649: Field `Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutMarket.AMItem.priceItemID' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value `0'
    Code:
    21:06 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdUI_BuyConfirm' on plugin 'AbsolutMarket v1.5.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    21:06 [Stacktrace]   at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutMarket.GetTradeBox (UInt64 Buyer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutMarket.cmdUI_BuyConfirm (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutMarket.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

4. Sounds like corrupt data files. No sure why that would be but double check your data files.

5. So, what happens when someone tries to loot the box or a raid occurs and someone breaks the box? Also does someone have to be at the person's box in order to see what they have for sale?

6. i have noticed group players will use the trade market as a way to quicky transport items from base to base or from farming to base.is there away to fix this? maybe timer of some sort?

7. Breaking box removes all items from the market. No you don't need to be near the box. I'm thinking of making a version that only implements physical boxes that you must go up to to trade with. We will see..
    [DOUBLEPOST=1485350468][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Abuse administration is an issue with most plugins and not always easy to help resolve (as the plugin dev). How about I implement a market ban list, you see the abuse you ban the player from using the market.

8. a ban list would be great.i was thinking something along the lines of a notification to an admin when a player puts an item on the market or some way to monitor all transactions.i have noticed players will trade stacks of items to there partner for very cheap price ( 1 wood for example).the trade will only show up for a few seconds since the other partner will know exactly when the trade goes up.

9. Having an issue with the plugin. Whenever I try to list items I get the following error. I have tried to use the getimages command in console, but it tells me command 'getimages' not found. Please help!!

(01:34:09) | Failed to call hook 'cmdUI_MarketSellScreen' on plugin 'AbsolutMarket v1.6.1' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)

(01:34:09) | Calling 'cmdUI_MarketSellScreen' on 'AbsolutMarket v1.6.1' took 349ms

(01:34:09) | Image loading fail! Error: Couldn't open file C:\sspanel\gameservers\rust\14806\server\experimental\oxide\data\AbsolutMarket\Images\blahblah.png

10. 597

Does this plugin now work with "Economy" allowing players to trade money in their wallets for items listed on the market and visa versa? Thanks!

11. Let me look into it.

The image loading fail is not important. I'll try to eliminate it as well.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486223839][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The code exists and should : )
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486224703][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ---> Demo video on a PlayerMerchant plugin I am working on.

12. Absolut updated AbsolutMarket with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486230950][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This is broken..... Tried to delete it but it wasnt possible. Hotfix coming soon... SORRY

13. Absolut updated AbsolutMarket with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Absolut, Still get the following error. I even deleted all previous configs and data files,

(14:19:29) | Failed to call hook 'cmdUI_MarketSellScreen' on plugin 'AbsolutMarket v1.7.1' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)

(14:19:29) | Calling 'cmdUI_MarketSellScreen' on 'AbsolutMarket v1.7.1' took 411ms

15. You sure you unloaded before deleting the files?

16. yep. used the unload command in RustAdmin
    I will try again
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486244189][/DOUBLEPOST]nope still get this
    Failed to call hook 'cmdUI_MarketSellScreen' on plugin 'AbsolutMarket v1.7.1' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)

(16:35:42) | Calling 'cmdUI_MarketSellScreen' on 'AbsolutMarket v1.7.1' took 424ms

17. "Breaking box removes all items from the market."

Not true for remover tool (and ent kill) as it seems.
    People remove their tradebox but the items stay until you place another tradebox.
    Could you look into that?

Kind regards

18. Best I can do is add a check to validate all market items, I can have it run on a timer.

19. Installed this plug in, and the image library. However when accessing the menu i get the following screen

Attached Files: