1. I understand that keeping plugins updated is often the responsibility of the creators.... however things have gotten a bit out of hand in regards to still-relevant plugins being left un-updated for months at a time. I'd like to request a sweep to update at least the top 15 or so Hurtworld plugins people use to both be fully functional and updated to reflect any additional features/possibilities introduced into Hurtworld in the past few months, albeit there probably isn't too many new ones, but still I'm sure some of the ideas could be expanded on. There is also several plugins that need to be fixed. For months the "shack" has been an item in the game yet autoclean has not been fixed to ignore these structures when used. Additionally, the plugin resets the number of "sweeps" it has done on any given object every time a server restarts.... this is problematic as the shack is supposed to last 48 hours and nobody in their right mind has server to restart only every 48 hours. It's really not a lot of big stuff, just a lot of small stuff..... updates to reflect in-game additions, and updates to keep the plugins functional. Also there have been many suggestions, some essential, which have not been implemented in existing plugins, and new ones. There is no reason why half of the plugins should require an admin to go searching through the help forum to find a non-creator update... and sometimes those still have issues that render the plugin useless anyway. I really don't know what I am asking for involves in regards to workload, but just taking a week or two to update the Hurtworld plugins to par with what we have come to expect from Oxide would be greatly appreciated.

Don't wait for the itemv2 update since nobody is sure of even what month it will come out... and it is already close to, if not beyond the "couple of months" time frame we were given in a dev blog a couple of months ago.

Sorry to be a pain but the state of the Hurtworld plugins is becoming concerning. I do not want to be in a position where I relied on a plugin just to have it yanked away for months or forever because nobody is updating it. It has already happened with a few. 60, 80, 100+ hours a week working in-server as an admin does not leave much time to learn and do it ourselves. Feel free to put me in my place and tell me I am worrying about nothing but I think especially since about July there has been legit and justified concerns on this matter. At this point I'm just really nervous about when a true content update comes out, are we going to be left w/o the majority of these plugins for months? It can't be left up to non-creators. It just can't. That's not going to work forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've been working my way through abandoned and unmaintained plugins, but it's a pretty big list and will take time. This doesn't just involve Hurtworld.

Feel free to note any here: Abandoned and unmaintained plugins | Oxide

3. About Plugin, Probably Itemv2 update will come in 1-2 months time and my guess it will make lots of changes about methods.Probably after that update majority of Hurtworld plugins will not be functional and will require major changes/fixes . Fixing all plugins right now could become waste of time as indivual developers are not that active.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I doubt it, most do not use items.

5. If anything they will change a few manager classes, for example; GlobalItemManager, GameManager, VehicleManager, etc.

All changes "should" be just an update to the new class names. There's no need to wait for the overhaul if you are wanting to work on the plugins, as the update should be fairly straight forward. However, if you have issues updating your plugins, feel free to post any problems in the Development section :)