As seen on Community update 89!
This tool works with both vanilla and modded servers.
This is how it works:
Some extra points:
- Connect to your Rust FTP server.
- Download your server's chat log.
- Format it into HTML and highlight certain phrases
- Output the HTML/CSS file locally and (optionally) upload to your own personal web server/rust server website.
- Repeat over and over at a frequency of your choice.
- It adds colours to the chat depending on the message content:
- Yellow = Light swearing (nice for you sick control freak admins)
- Red = Heavy swearing
- Cyan = 'lag' mentioned
- Green = 'admin' mentioned
- It tells you how many of each warning there is (plus how many since the last refresh)
- As long as you leave the application running, it will loop forever and keep your chat log updated, until you click stop.
- You can click on any username in the chat log and it will load their Steam profile.
Here is a sample page you can view and interact with (Steam IDs are made up).
- If you run a vanilla server and use this tool, it will remain vanilla and stay under the 'community servers' tab.
Ubuntu version: download here (Very untested but should work if your Ubuntu is fully updated. To use, navigate to file location in terminal and run: ./loggerLinux)
Ubuntu version not currently working. With enough demand I will update as I can only find time to work on the Windows release currently.
Beginners demonstration/tutorial (using an earlier version):